Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Where have I been?

I don't know where I have been or really where the last 12 days have gone since I last blogged, but geeze! Getting older sucks because the days get shorter and even a few dissapear all together. :o)

The last couple weeks have not been quite enjoyable. I have {still am} sick. Fighting the flu/sinus infection that I believe has now rolled into an ear infection. I need to go in and see a Dr. but that will have to wait until Thursday if I am not feeling better. Monkey hasn't been feeling good either. Mike took him in to the ER for a breathing treatment about a week ago because he thought he had croup, but tests came back negative for that and RSV. They think he just had an upper respiratory infection. As of now he is still a little congested and on Benadryl for allergies. Really it has been a sad site to see with both of us looking miserable, I can only imagine how pitiful we both look, but he is still active and keeping me on the chase. *L

Like right now, Monkey has the slobbery wet face from drool and snot {that I wipe constantly} and terrorizing me as I hold him and he wants to yank my glasses off my face. He is certainly a determined little man when there is something he wants. Being sick hasn't slowed him down that way...darn it! :o)

So far we're managing through and keeping up the meds. There have been several hours and days I'd like to dissapear or have a 'replacement mom' to come in and care for the other two rugrats though. Each day getting them off to school, cleaning, homework, and then cooking them their dinner has been a challenge. A challenge that on most days I high five myself after everything is complete, or I pat Mike on the back when he does it! Atleast so far Michael and Rebekah seem to be feeling fine.

I will tell ya, Bekah is in Kindergarten now and that child's teacher gives her more homework than Michael {the 4th grader}. It's frustrating to have to sit with her for an hour or two each night to get it done. I am beginning to wonder what she does IN school. The joys of parenthood...I have homework again. She is doing awesome though. Her handwriting is getting more refined and I love to hear her tell me new things she didn't know before like colors, numbers, and what a platypus is.
Michael is wanting us to sign him up for Cubscouts, so Mike called last night and we will soon have a scout running around the house.

Not too much more has been going on than that lately. I need to upload pictures of the kids and post them on here from this past weekend. It rained all weekend so we spent good family time inside.
If you would like to comment the blog, click on "Thoughts" at the bottom of the blog. Mike asked me the other day if you could and I had to show him where when he was reading on here, so I thought I'd let others know in case you wondered the same thing.

Well till next time!
Auf Wiedersehen :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment