Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Long Walk

Picking up the kids from school today was, yet again, a j.o.b.!! I told them I'd be there this afternoon and Michael took it as I was 'picking' them up in the car. Ahhhh children. They knew Mike had the car today and that they weren't walking alone, so instead of walking to the crosswalk where I was waiting to meet them, they went in the school and someone called me. I knew right away when the phone rang it was the school. So I of course had to walk further. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the walk when it's not too hot, but I wasn't feeling too great this afternoon and didn't want to be in the heat very long.

After a few minutes they emerged from the school so I stopped where I was and waited for them to get to me. I was tired and more than ready to get home, so they made sure to walk! LOL {Probably because I told them to not run anymore.}


Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I brought Clemson along for the walk, thinking it'd be quick, and even he was tired of waiting in the heat! lol Monkey was loving the walk, which he always does.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic
They were pretty excited to see him there and had to show him loving before we could walk back.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And like a good Mommy I let them stop at the housing office to get their daily snack of cookies. Makes it easy for me because their snack is covered! So really I guess it's worth it for me to stop as much as it is for them. :o)




Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Then after we got home Michael was a sweetheart and helped keep Jayce happy so I could get dinner started. {Really...he's grounded and didn't have a choice, but still helpful!} All in all it was a good night, with a delicious dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment